Ready for Hurricane Season?
Check Out Roofing Contractors Before the Storm
Most people would never consider looking for a reputable roofing contractor in anticipation of a hurricane, but consider the advantages:
- You will not be trying to locate a roofer while dealing with the stress of a leaking roof!
- You will have time to check out local roofers’ experience and proper business practices on such highly regarded sites as the Better Business Bureau and Check-A-Pro.
- You will avoid contracting with “fly-by-night” companies who do substandard work and leave you without a warranty and, most times, without recourse. (Some of these companies set up a local phone number and a temporary store front in order to fool you into thinking they are local.)
- You can immediately call the companies you trust, and avoid ending up on a long waiting list!
After the storm do the following:
- If possible, perform a visual inspection of your roof from the ground.
- Call a roofer if you see damage in order to have it covered as quickly as possible. This is important because your insurance policy states that it is your responsibility to make reasonable efforts to protect your home from further damage.
- Contact your insurance company to both file a claim and schedule an adjustor to come out to your home.
No Visible Damage
If there is no visible damage, especially if others in the area have visible damage, it is a good idea to contact a roofer:
- Shingles can look attached but may be torn from their fasteners (nails) and/or or their sealing strips may be compromised. This is an invitation to future damage to both the exterior and interior of your home.
- Insurance policies include a claim filing deadline. If you discover you have damage after the deadline it is unlikely your insurance company will pay for it.
You never work with a salesman – always with an expert! Steve Furber was a construction supervisor for ten years then started his own company in 1990. Many customers choose us because, after speaking with Steve, they realize that they are talking to a knowledgeable and experienced professional! Check out our testimonials’ page on this website.